SC - sp[r]ice

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sun Apr 30 21:27:39 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/30/00 5:10:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time, cjvt at hotmail.com
writes:

>  the steward
>  of Ingatestone Hall (and therefore possibly others too?) called anything
>  which came from a hot country a spice.  Among the list of 'spices' here
are
>  currants, rice, almonds, prunes, dates and raisins.  Maybe this is a key?

There is actually little difference between a "spice" and an "aromatic",
except that those "aromatics" which come from "exotic" lands (and are usually
imported) are commonly considered "spices".  Does this mean that, if you live
in a region which grows pepper, and therefore don't need to import it, it's
no longer a "spice"?  I don't know...ask Mr. Owl.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.