SC - sugar

Christina van Tets cjvt at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 3 19:08:49 PDT 2000

Hi again - Gwynydd, that's a very odd reply setting you have - I'm not sure
I like the quotation marks around my name - as if the machine didn't believe
it's me... :)  Which it is, by the way.

Anyway, thanks for the info about making golden syrup, etc.  Is there any
comparison list available?  I mean, I can get golden syrup easily enough in
Oz, but what do I look for in a country which prefers American expressions?

Next sugar question:  do you have any list for comparison of non-English
words for sugar?  I am currently struggling with an early modern Dutch piece
which refers to potsuiker, meelsuiker and brootsuiker (which might translate
as pot sugar, flour sugar and bread/loaf sugar, but I wouldn't bet on it).
Doe anyone have any ideas on this?

Cairistiona