SC - olives

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Apr 4 00:42:48 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/4/00 1:44:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time, stefan at texas.net
writes:

<< OK. When you made this recipe using raw olives did it taste so bad you
 threw it out at that point? Or did you wait and see if in the meantime
 they "cured" in the oil/vinegar mixture? How long did you wait? >>

I tasted it immediately as the recipe indicated. It was unpalatable. It would
not have been palatable an hour later either, IMO.

I did NOT throw it away. I put it on my compost pile to feed my less
discerning garden friends. :-)

There is no indication in the recipe that this dish is supposed to be aged or
left to cure. It specifically states that it is to be served immediately
which precludes such a consideration.

Ras