SC - Is Arrowroot Period?

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Tue Apr 4 07:18:36 PDT 2000

> Okay, here we go again.   If we are to recreate only Western European
> culture, then why are there so many Russian and Middle Eastern personae in
> the SCA?  If you can find a ships manifest which indicates "Russian and
> Middle Eastern Passengers", then we'll deem them period, as well.

Actually there are numerous examples of this.
In the 1500's the English formed the Muscovy Company, and several
travelled known trade routes from Moscow to Sumatra.
There are also numerous accounts of taking Middle Eastern and Russian
as passengers on English ships.
There are no accounts I have found which carry Aru aru as a cargo item.
Which is what this whole discussion was about.

brandu