SC - sulte

Christina van Tets cjvt at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 5 10:34:52 PDT 2000

Hello!  Adamantius asked if I had given the context of the word - I thought
I had, but evidently not:  yes, it is a noun, occasionally embellished as
verckenssulte (pork sulte).  It's being used to make a cuminade (sp.?) along
with game.

The glossary, which seems to be fairly on the ball, says it's a salted cut
of meat from the neck/throat.  The reason I was asking about it is that I
don't want to have to say 'salted meat from the neck/throat of a pig'
umpteen times if I don't have to, and was hoping we might actually have a
word for it ourselves.  After all, we have a lot of odd and under-used words
in this bizarre language of ours.

Cairistiona