SC - Kohlrabi

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Apr 5 08:36:11 PDT 2000

CBlackwill at aol.com writes:

<< Kohlrabi tastes somewhat similar to a bitter cabbage >>

Interesting. I suppose it is all a matter of when you harvest it and how
quickly it is grown. My kohlrabi has never exhibited a bitter taste when
grown without stress or harvested in it's prime. Also extended storage will
cause a bitter taste. When harvested and used promptly it has a flavor which
I describe as a very mild sweet cabbage core.

Ras