SC - Question about Icelandic Chicken

Lurking Girl tori at panix.com
Wed Apr 5 13:09:16 PDT 2000

david friedman wrote:
> At 12:12 PM -0500 3/30/00, Lurking Girl wrote:

> >who tried using barley flour and found it a heck of a lot harder to work with
>
> You don't explain the final comment. If you were using barley flour
> because you thought it was what they would have in Iceland, it may be
> worth pointing out that the recipe isn't really Icelandic.

I used barley flour because I asked a macrobioticish friend to buy flour
for me and that's what she brought back. :)

The difficulty lay in the fact that I couldn't get the frigging dough
to form a cohesive unit: I had problems even rolling it, let alone
trying to form a nice sealed "envelope" with it.  After the first 5, I
said "sod this" and used regular ol' wheat flour, which was MUCH easier
to work.

Vika
kinda like switching from Scheme to C