SC - Re: Goodbye (RANT)

Christi Rigby christirigby at pcisys.net
Wed Apr 5 13:36:28 PDT 2000

Hauviette wrote:

Please take this post as an attempt to turn this around. We all must put
forth an effort at being more considerate of the people we are posting to.
_________________________________

I started to write a long post about how to learn form what people say and
not read into their emotions.  But I decided that it was too long and
complicated.  I find I learn the most from this list by not putting emotion
into the posts at all and if something is posted that is proven incorrect,
or challenged in some way.  I read all the opinions, all the facts and make
my decisions based on that.  I agree that playing nice with others is
important, but if every time I posted something everyone said "what a great
idea", I would not learn that I was doing something non-period, or something
that may taste bad because someone else has already tried what I am going to
do.

Rayne recently posted how we know our dishes are received by the people we
are feeding.  Most people said by checking what came back, what was thrown
out and talking to people.  In other words we learn from good and bad
feedback, just as this list is meant to be used.

I am sorry that people get their feelings hurt by things are said, and how
they are said, but people can not change the emotion of this type of
information exchange.  Alot of times things are taken that are not meant in
that way and people get hurt.

All I can suggest is to remove emotion from what is typed, and look for the
actual information and what is being said.

Murkial