SC - Re: Online Cookbooks (was Re: Period Dining....)

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Wed Apr 5 16:12:23 PDT 2000

grizly at mindspring.com writes:

>  Decide my motives, my level of participation in histoirical accuracy, the
> resources available to us (no cheating on this one since 5 translated
> cookbooks are online)

Can anyone provide the links to these online books?  I have been having a
devil of a time trying to scoure through the Library of Congress, Amazon.com
and any number of other resources.  On the same topic, has anyone purchased
"The Medieval Kitchen"?  I ordered a copy from Amazon based on a few of the
reviews, but am curious to know if this will actually prove useful as a
"primary source".

Your comments have been well recieved (yeah, I had an attitude adjustment),
but if you read my previous posts, I have always implied that substitutions
(in fact, even entirely new recipes) should be based on the volume of
knowledge we already have, and made with "informed" care.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Such a strange fascination, as I wallow in waste
That such a trivial victory could put a smile on your face.