OT - Re: SC - Re: saffron

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Apr 5 22:00:37 PDT 2000

CBlackwill at aol.com writes:

<< I was not aware that the use of tastebuds was dependent upon the
 ability to read.  >>

But you did need to be able to faithfully reproduce the recipes expected at
noble feasts. If you did not, then you were unemployed. The ones that had the
wherewithal to write down the recipes were employed.

This of course has nothing to do with peasant cuisine which we know little or
nothing about until it's explosive entry into the world in early modern
cookery.

Ras