Bee serious! wasRe: SC - 4 bee recipes-OOP

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 15:09:16 PDT 2000

Black_Jade at bigpond.com writes:

<<  I suppose one
 does ones best to avoid giving out recipes when you have your Mother in Law
 come around for tea and she loves the biscuits!!! >>

I am serious.

I am very free about giving out recipes and have eaten many wonderful and
unusual foods that the average person would not consider eating. I am a
gourmand in essence. I LOVE food. Any food except potato salad and half
cooked onions. I am ALWAYS willing to try anything deemed edible at least
once and if I don't like it I simply don't eat it again until I am served the
same food in a different manner.

BTW, European cultures are the only major peoples in the world who have not
regularly consumed insects as a part of their diet. Mores the pity.

As noted honey bee larva are wonderful. Locusts taste much like very lild
shrimp. June beetle larva taste very nutty when eaten raw. The insect I would
like to try and have never had the opportunity to try is Wichity Grubs which
are sold in Australia as a snack food. Someday I may be able to afford to
visit there and try them, as well as, other aboriginal cuisine. Until then I
can only wish. :-(

Another delicacy I hope to enjoy one day is a the supposedly delectable
armored creatures that are common in the South, stewed in it's own shell.
Again, I fear a trip south to catch my own may be the only way. A few
Pennsics ago, I was gifted with an alligator tale. Absolutely scrumptious!

Ras