Katerine's attempt wasRe: SC - I CHALLENGE YOU...

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 15:42:07 PDT 2000

Black_Jade at bigpond.com writes:

<< This is my first time redacting on the drop of a hat, so I would appreciate
 any and all comments. >>

Your re-creation sounds great. Not much different from what I would have done
(and do). :-) Instinctive cooking is a real gift.

<< I know I probably got a whole lot wrong.>>

Nothing major or minor that I can see. I am sure that the little extra steps
were left out but it sounds very close to the original and obviously turned
out well. That is the test.

<< I also am in the habit of throwing spices in to taste rather than
measuring, so I can't provide measurements for those either. >>

That would be my only major criticism. An attempt at conveying measurement
even if a good guess like 1/2 tsp., more or less' would raise the re-creation
to the level of a redaction and allow others who may not be instinctive cooks
to make a fair attempt at the recipe.

 <<However, all in all I consider it a success since there wasn't any
leftovers.  My Dad  even went back for seconds.   >>

In the end this is the best compliment of all. Keep up the good work. Nice
job. :-)

Ras