SC - Looking for guidance

Daniel Phelps phelpsd at gate.net
Fri Apr 7 14:45:26 PDT 2000

Was asked:

>Where can one acquire the welding gloves?  I'm really tired of purchasing
pot
>holders that look reliable, then burning the *^%$# out of my hands!

Don't know if they still sell them but I bought a pair of fire place gloves
in Brookstone's a few years back for my father.  Reportedly you can pick up
a burning coal with them and not feel the heat.  Now I have'nt actually done
that but I do know that my dad swears by them.  You can check to see you I
you can find some cheaper than Brookstone as they were a bit pricy.  Wait a
minute I just got my Cabela's catalog!  Yup!  Check out the Spring 2000
Edition II page 191 in the Camping Cookware section.   To quote the ad:

"GLOVES  these heavy-duty heat-resistant, brushed leather gloves are fully
lined to protect your hands from hot cast iron.  DA-51-3783  $11.99."

They look pretty spiffy, red leather, and appear to reach approximately half
way to the elbow.  www.cabelas.com

They have some nifty neat cast iron cookware on the same page as well.