SC - Master Thomas's Project

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Fri Apr 7 21:35:46 PDT 2000

I commented that I had gotten the _Libre de Sent Sovi_ via ILL in the
original Catalan, and that I looked forward to seeing Master Thomas's
translation when it is done.

And Cadoc MacDairi replied:
> Would it be possible to get a copy of it?  is it banned from reproduction?
> or just some selection of it? It's not like I need more to do with my
> time, but I just want to SEE it.

The ILL I got was a 1979 reprint of the original Catalan, with editorial
notes by Rudolph Grewe.  As far as I can tell, it is out of print.  I
photocopied the ILL volume for my personal use.

If you just want to see some of the recipes, a few of them are included
in Barbara Santich's _The Original Mediterranean Cuisine_, along with
her translation and redaction.  Or you could get the whole book via ILL,
as I did.

If you want to see the English translation, you'll have to wait impatiently,
along with the rest of us, for Master Thomas to finish his work.

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann
harper at idt.net