SC - Looking for guidance

Elysant at aol.com Elysant at aol.com
Sat Apr 8 19:14:46 PDT 2000

- -Poster: Elysant at aol.com>

> Elysant commented:
>> As well as the knives, spoons, aprons etc already mentioned, I also take
with
>> me one of those little vegetable peelers that look like a wide "y" shape
with
> > a blade across the top, and a pastry brush.

> What do you use the pastry brush for? It doesn't sound big enough to
> keep Ras in line... :-)

> Having made very little pastry, I'm really not sure how you would
> use it.

> (For those new to this list, Ras and Elysant are both long time list
> members and are getting married in August)

Well Stefan, it's one of those utensils that seems to come in handy for a lot
of things.  In the Schola Feast it was used the paint the boars' head as well
as dampen the edges of the pies and the filo sheets.  In fact at one point
two people needed to use it at the same time for their dish preps.

I can see it used creatively for a multitude of other things - greasing
things maybe... glazing things... as well as brushing pastry crusts with
water or egg as is the usual use for it I think...  It's just handy to have
around.

Elysant