SC - Open/Closed Kitchens

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Apr 9 22:35:03 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/10/00 1:04:51 AM Eastern Daylight Time, seumas at mind.net
writes:

<< What I dislike is people in my kitchen who are just 'hanging out'. >>

Exactly. I, unlike yourself, never have more than one or 2 folks who
'volunteer' to help ahead of time. Almost all my kitchen help volunteers
throughout the event albeit the core group is almost always the same people
everytime including a 70 plus year old woman who has washed my personal
dishes and those of most of the other staff for a number of years.  This same
lady volunteers as a water bearer at Pennsic every battle. I have never had a
problem with getting enough help. I have had a problem with well wishers,
'fans' and people who just want to hangout or people who can't read the menus
and ingredients list, etc. For those i have a 'bouncer'. :-)

Ras