SC - Looking for guidance

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 10 06:47:48 PDT 2000

>Well Stefan, it's one of those utensils that seems to come in handy for a
>lot
>of things.  In the Schola Feast it was used the paint the boars' head as
>well
>as dampen the edges of the pies and the filo sheets.  In fact at one point
>two people needed to use it at the same time for their dish preps.

Yeah, I remember that, I was using a paper towel until you were done....I
must make a mental note to add one to my work kit for events. I still hate
filo dough even though I've gotten much
better with it...

>I can see it used creatively for a multitude of other things - >greasing
>things maybe... glazing things... as well as brushing pastry >crusts with
>water or egg as is the usual use for it I think...  It's >just handy to
>have around.

I mostly use mine to wash bread when I bake it.

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG
Shire of Abhainn Ciach Ghlaiss

"I feel the air rise up in me
Kneel down in prayer the stone of years
I wonder how well you can see