SC - Open/Closed Kitchens

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Mon Apr 10 12:03:09 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/10/00 11:51:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Chris.Adler at westgroup.com writes:

<<
 I have to agree with Stefan. When I go to events out of my area, I almost
 always stop by the kitchen and offer to chop veggies, wash dishes, or help
 with the cooking or serving, and I've made some lovely new friends that way.
 Sadly, the presence of a guard or a head cook fingering a blade *definitely*
 turns me off from ever wanting to be helpful to that cook. Yes, it's
 happened to me a few times.

    Ditto........... But a lot of this depends on the personality of the head
cook--several of the folks who do feasts around here are a bit, ummmm,
"high-strung" during the production of a feast, and just can't handle the
chaos visitors might produce. I tend to be a bit more laid back than some of
these friends, so I don't get nearly as bothered by a certain amount of
socializing. Too much and I'll put folks to work, but up to that point I may
welcome the break in the focus on schedules, etc., myself.

            Ldy Diana