SC - DUI/CUI

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Apr 11 08:48:54 PDT 2000

> Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 00:38:15 EDT
> From: LrdRas at aol.com
> Subject: Re: SC - Open/Closed Kitchens
>
> In a message dated 4/10/00 4:25:19 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lcm at efn.org
> writes:
>
> << who doesn't drink while cooking or while wearing a basket of fruit on
>  her head. Just not prudent. >>
>
> Why? Are you equating drinking and cooking with drinking and driving?
>
> Ras
> (who clearly thinks PC people are  without exception totally insane)

It basically comes down to which sharp piece of metal or batch of
burning liquid you prefer being driven into your body. I prefer not to
drink while cooking, because it tends to increase the chances of being
either in the emergency room or the unemployment line. Of course, not
everyone who drinks while cooking abuses it or is dangerous, but it does
increase the chance of problems. I've been told my behavior in kitchens
is bad enough even when sober. Now, after I finish cooking, that's
another matter entirely...

Adamantius, whose survival instincts are much more finely attuned than
his sense of PC
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com