SC - Staff rewards

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Wed Apr 12 06:40:03 PDT 2000

In our barony, we have a custom of giving each person who helps with an event
"pilgrm beads"...I search the bead catalogues for a bead that seems somehow to
reflect the theme of the event...we just had an event, Le Defi du Coeur, wherein
the fighters vied to reclaim "the heart of Dun Carraig".  Each person helping with
the event will receive a carnelian heart stone.  Not terrifically expensive, but a
memento of an event where one served!  Many of our folks wear these beads with
their garb with great pride.

I also try to give a memento of some sort to my kitchen help when I cook outside
our barony...I'm still thinking about the one coming up this weekend........

Kiri