SC - feast disasters and recovery

RichSCA at aol.com RichSCA at aol.com
Wed Apr 12 09:47:07 PDT 2000

Sorry, but I am LOL with this one.  It is SO CLOSE to something that happened
at an event years ago in Meridies (actual groups, people and places altered
to protect the guilty and innocent).  :-)

I had just joined a group who was having an event.  The cook had moved out of
the Kingdom, but promised that they would be back to prepare the feast.  They
mailed a "shopping list" of ingredients to the autocrat.  No recipes, no
dishes named, no comments, just a list of what to purchase.  They said they
would be on site at about 5:00 Saturday morning.  I was the breakfast cook.
At 5:00 I was there cooking - no one else.  I was serving breakfast at 7:00am
- - still no feast cook.  Contacted the autocrat who called the feast cook.
Guess what???  You guessed right - he/she wasn't coming.  The autocrat sent
word to all the experienced cooks on site. A Lady showed up (can't remember
her name) with her "household, kitchen staff, etc." and immediately had a
"Closed" kitchen (can't blame her at all).  I pulled out the shopping list,
gave it to her and was promptly ushered out the door.  They brought no
cookbooks with them - but the ideas inside their heads.  The feast turned out
well.  None of the guests (populace) were the wiser and lessons were learned.
 And yes, when I got ready to cook breakfast Sunday morning I had a TON of
unused food to select from.  :-)  I put it into baggies and placed it on the
counter for people to take home with them.

Rayne

In a message dated 4/12/00 9:06:18 AM Central Daylight Time,