SC - "special dietary needs, contact the cook"

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 12 14:29:50 PDT 2000

It's in all the flyers, "if you have special dietery needs, contact the
cook" and I recall someone asking here not long ago if anyone ever did get
prior contact because they never did.

Well, folks, I have had almost a dozen such contacts in the last week for a
relatively small feast (80 including high table).  No garlic, no onion, no
dairy, no wheat, no meat, no pork, no shellfish, no alcohol and various
multiples of the above.  I'm proud to say that my plans make it possible for
people to pick and choose from the 15 menu items and still come away full. I
beleive even the royal who will not eat period food could eat my feast.  The
only effort my staff will have to make is to reserve a serving bowl full of
a few items before adding garlic/onions (and of course, avoid
cross-contamination.)

Now, after that teaser, I'll post the menu and recipes next week post-feast.
I'm  using a vacation day and a half to finish getting ready, so bye for
now.

Bonne