SC - Question on kosher

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Fri Apr 14 07:30:41 PDT 2000

Hi Margali,
As far as I know, ager-ager is kosher but I am asking a couple of observant
friends for their opinion because I don't know if anything is added to
ager-ager.

TVP is kosher,  (my bag of tvp has a *heksher* on it)

 but not over-strictly[he was ok with the pot and utensils being well cleaned
between using for non kosher and cooking for him] and as I want to make the
soup pot vegan, to provide protein I was wondering if I could provide TVP
[cooked separately in a bit of vegan broth] to add to the serving.

ABSOLUTLY! It's very nice that you are going to the trouble!!

with water yes.  With wine, you would have to use a kosher wine.

>>>and could it be combined with the agar to make a no egg 'custard'y
dessert?>>
Yes.

Hope I've been helpful to you.
Phillipa Seton