SC - Complaints at feasts

Morgana Abbey morgana.abbey at juno.com
Sun Apr 16 20:17:53 PDT 2000

The question was raised:  how to do a vegan feast without getting
complaints from the various permutations of vegetarians?

That way lies madness.  Do your best at whatever you are trying to do.

There will always be complaints.  (We've had people complain about
feasts who weren't even at the events!)  Ignore all complaints except the

valid ones.  I.E.  if someone waits until 30 minutes before feast to
bring
you a laundry list of "allergies", this is not a valid complaint.  Now if

the queen said she's violently allergic to mushrooms 3 months before the
event and you serve beef with mushroom sauce in the first remove and
mushroom quiche in the second, that's a valid complaint.  (And you
need to work on your clerical skills.)

Hope this helps all maintain some perspective.

Morgana LeCoeur
Barony of the Rhydderich Hael, Aethelmearc
(Buffalo NY)
- --who remembers a lady entering the kitchen half-way through feast to
complain that she was "allergic to protein"  Allergic to her own body?