SC - Plastic Ware (change to Forks??)

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Apr 17 12:24:19 PDT 2000

Oh goodie....another thread, sort of.  I ran into something Saturday at the
event I cooked, that I thought you all might like ti "chew on".  One of our
metal workers, and a very talented one who does serious research, I might add,
was selling a thing that I christened a "spork".  it is brass, has an early
spoon shape on one end and 3-tined fork on the other.  When I asked, he said he
had documented it as 9th century Anglo-Saxon, and quoted me chapter and verse.
Unfortunately, as I didn't have anything to write on...and my mind was a little
toward the "pudding" stage at that point so I can't remember what he said, I
don't remember where the "chapter and verse" came from.  Any thoughts????

Kiri