SC - Plastic Ware

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Apr 17 15:09:55 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/17/2000 7:59:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time, harper at idt.net
writes:

<< Inter-Kingdom anthropology alert!  In some areas, such as my region of
 the East Kingdom, camping events are rare, and daylong events at a
 rented hall are the standard.  I camp (at most) twice a year, with
 modern camping gear, and most of my barony does the same. >>

Hmm, I live in the southern region of the East Kingdom, too (albeit in the
somewhat more rural western section), and I would disagree with the statement
that camping events are rare here.  In fact, I have reserved for 5 camping
events, 5 weeks in a row, beginning on the first weekend of May and running
through the first weekend of June.  Admittedly, 4 of those are in shires
other than my own, and one of them is in Aethelmearc.  I have attended
camping events held farily close to Settmout Swamp, if not actually in the
Swamp.  There are more camping events, at least 3 or 4, that I plan to go to
before Pennsic.  In writing up a list of upcoming nearby events for our
newbies, I noted only one indoor one day event, and one outdoor one day
event, in the whole of May and June.
I would agree that one day indoor events are the standard between, say,
October and April, when it is too cold in the area for most people to
consider camping.  But between May and September, the vast majority of events
are camping events.

Brangwayna Morgan