SC - Scrapple-Recipe-OOP

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Apr 17 20:30:41 PDT 2000

> Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 21:15:14 -0400
> From: Tara Sersen <tsersen at nni.com>
> Subject: Re: SC - Scrapple-Recipe-OOP
>
> > << Ponhaws (Scrapple)
> >  Separate one hog's head into halves.   >>
> >
> > That's the one I was raised on. ;-) Absolutely delicious!!!!
>
> *Shudder*  just thinking about scrapple makes me cringe.  'tis the only
> food product in this world scarier than mushrooms.
>
> MvB

Really? REALLY?? Let's look in my fridge... be afraid... be very afraid...

The funny thing is, I have neither scrapple nor fresh mushrooms on hand
just now, but I'm thrilled to hear the remaining contents of my pantry
and fridge are so non-threatening. Let's not even _go_ to Ras's kitchen...

Let's see...

Several different types of preserved duck eggs, salted jellyfish, dried
sea cucumbers, dried cuttlefish, black puddings, some goose livers,
canned scungilli (one of the few seafoods that survives the canning
process with any degree of integrity), canned straw and enoki mushrooms,
dried morels, dried boletus mushroms (i.e. porcinis), dried black
Chinese forest mushrooms, red rice, black rice, stockfish, salted
butterfish, pickled shrimp relish with green papaya, several different
seaweeds, SE Asian fish sauce that may or may not be fermented depending
on definition, oh, and two kinds of shrimp paste. This is from memory,
and we're fresh out of fermented embryonic duck eggs, my own nominee for
the scariest food on earth. Except, perhaps, for the half-pound of
Boar's Head bologna I buy for my son... and _scrapple_ is scary???

Excuse me, I've got to split a five-pound fish head for the stock for
the gefilte fish... it's a long story ;  ) .

 Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com