SC - reasonably safe water at Pennsic

Par Leijonhufvud parlei at algonet.se
Tue Apr 18 22:08:42 PDT 2000

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Morgana Abbey wrote:

> We've been using a water filter we got at a tractor and garden supply.
> It's of the grade used for in-line water filtration for houses.  It seems
> to be fine for more culinary uses.  Drinking it straight would probably
> be inadvisable during Hell week though.

For *safe* water you can, as someone suggested, purchase water filters
that will take litteral sewage and turn it into drinkable water. Some of
them even come in "outfitter" sizes, and are thus suitable for group
use. Not cheap, but perhaps worth it if you are worried.

As to brands, Katadyn had a good reputation a few years back when I last
kept track of those things.

/UlfR

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                                      parlei at algonet.se
Meta-analysis is to analysis what meta-physics is to physics
		-- Joe Hill 1997