SC - Carrots and Turnips-Period?

Wed Apr 19 08:47:57 PDT 2000

The first reference to the orange carrot appears in the 12th Century and the
carrots I've found in 16th Century paintings are orange.  Orange carrots
were very likely the norm by the late Middle Ages.

In Antiquity, European carrots appear to have been white like parsnips and
indeed the Latin word for carrots and parsnips is the same.  Later authors,
writing in Latin add to the confusion by not differentiating.

Bear