SC - quick important note- update

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Apr 19 10:31:38 PDT 2000

Seton1355 at aol.com wrote:

> Dear Slug Queen,
> Notebook habit?  Please expain. and did you tell these people that you were a
> member of the SCA or did you curtsey to them?
> A curious Phillipa  :-)
> <<  They seemed really impressed by my
>  notebook habit (I though everyone did that- am I weird?) and some of the
>  stuff I've been doing as SLUG Queen (they even made a big deal out of
>  'properly' greeting the visiting royalty:-) >>

The 'notebook habit' refers to how I handle projects, such as
autocratting. A three-ring binder and dividers with tabs and poskets,
and plenty of paper, is a lifesaver. You can keep site
info/schedules/feast stuff/all of the little 'forget-ye-not' notes, etc
in a reasonable order, and for event or program work they can be the
make-or-break point. Right now I need to start a new notebook, as I had
another fundaraising project dumped on me last week and the papers are
already taking over the desk.

They know I'm in the SCA, largely because I have my stint as regional
Seneschal on the resume. (As Deputy VP to the Regional VP in mundane
terms. Pretty impressive looking.) The SLUG Queen stuff was more
important though (especially in terms of recent event management stuff)
and one of the interviewing committee works for Centennial Bank and he
already knew about the SLUG Queen, because CB sponsored the Eugene
Celebration last year. I got to do photo ops with his CEO. I didn't
curtsey to them but they did to me- as is right, even if I wasn't
wearing the tiara- and we made slug jokes, which sort of broke the ice.

SLUG Queen is easier to explain to people too. And the big library
fundraising project has been a great boost to the credibility factor,
which is quite useful.

'Lainie