SC - Chickpeas

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Wed Apr 19 20:04:53 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/19/00 10:27:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mercedes at geotec.net writes:

<< I used dried chickpeas at a feast I did a couple years ago.  They never
 completely softened up and I soaked them overnight and then cooked them for
 several hours.  I've been reluctant to use them ever since.

 Mercedes >>

Dried chickpeas take longer to cook the older they are. I made the Brodo
using canned chickpeas and it was fantastic. The difference between canned
and dried is that you don't have to precook them. They are done. Before the
fresh/unprocessed crowd chimes in, there is little if any difference between
canned chickpeas and those made from scratch. The ingredients listed were
chickpeas, water and salt. I used the broth as part of the recipe and used
additional salt to taste.

Ras