SC - Authenticity as A&S Entries

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Apr 21 20:19:08 PDT 2000

The operative word, of course, being "valid."  Many years ago, an entrant at a
kingdom a&s in our kingdom entered a sweet dish comprising "all period
ingredients or substitutions for..."  The dish? A completely non-period sponge
cake topped with meringue, whipped cream, and blueberries.  Not that it wouldn't
have been a perfectly acceptable dish under other circumstances, but it was in
_no_ way appropriate for an a&s competition.
- --maire