SC - A new project....

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Apr 23 00:21:41 PDT 2000

Nanna said:
> Now, if you could get hold of some dulse strips, that¥s your ideal finger
> food. Definitely vegan, eminently documentable as a snack (Egill
> SkallagrÌmsson was nibbling on them in the 10th century, or so the sagas
> say) and quite tasty (at least if you are an Icelander and have been chewing
> them since childhood).

Thank you, Nanna. Even today, the British government has been trying to
get the Scots to eat more vegetables. Apparently they never have been
fond of them. Considering the climate, this make sense. And Iceland's
climate is that much more severe and difficult to cultivate plants in.

But what are these "dulse strips"? Perhaps you have mentioned them
before, but I'm afraid I don't remember. Is this the lichen?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net