SC - Honey Ants

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Mon Apr 24 01:49:02 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/23/00 6:26:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time, LrdRas at aol.com
writes:

> Interesting. Would you know which species this was? The only species I am
>  aware of hangs from the ceiling of the chamber and stores the honey in
it's
>  abdomen which reaches the size of a grape when fully distended. Thanks in
>  advance.

Nope, I have no idea which species this was, and it likely could have just
been honeydew (like I say, I never tasted it).  It certainly looked like
milky honey, though...  Shows how much I know about ant honey, don't it?
Good thing I didn't spread it on toast.  Could be ant pee for all I know.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what realy has no Name.