SC - Re: laurel doneness

Gaylin Walli gwalli at infoengine.com
Tue Apr 25 06:15:56 PDT 2000

Anne-Marie said:

>I too was asked a lot "why arent you a laurel yet??!!!" (you're right,
>usually by non-peers). I tried to explain in small words, speaking slowly
>that what *I* wanted was to have the reputation that if anyone had any
>question about medieval food, or preparing a feast, or cooking over an open
>fire, they knew they could come to me. [....] Do what you love.

Amen. Someone not too long ago asked me if I ever wanted to be
a Laurel and I said "sure, someday, but not if they make me wear
the stupid little wreath coronet." When asked why I didn't want to
wear the coronet I told them point blank:

"Laurels look stupid wearing their wreaths all the time. I'd rather
be a Baroness. The coronet holds more ice when you're hot at
Pennsic."

*grin*

Jasmine
Iasmin de Cordoba, Midrealm
"Si enim alicui placet mea devotio, gaudebo; si autem nulli
placet, memet ipsam tamen juvat quod feci." -- Hroswith of Gandersheim