SC - new to the list

grizly at mindspring.com grizly at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 27 05:52:52 PDT 2000

Welcome, Guenevere,

I am glad to see such a wonderful viewpoint expressed right up front!  You will be appreciated for your candor and will.  You'll find that this group of quasi-elitist, empassioned cook-scholars will grow on you.  There are people out there that will foster and challenge you all along.  I know this group doesn't work for everyone and not all the time.  I hope we can give you something you need sometime.

Gotta love a good, well-informed, passionate, CLEAN, respectful, epic scale red-faced argument every now and again.  Let's us know we all still care about what we do :o) The best part is that there are a few out here that will keep the 'rules' stright for us so it remains basically safe and respectful (thanks Gunthar, in case you haven't heard it today).  It ain't the land of "Feel Good", but it sure don't suck.

niccolo difrancesco

sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:
> [...]
<<SNIP>> Rather,  I see a group of people
who are passionate enough about food (and history, and authenticity) to argue about it, which is, quite frankly, wonderful.