SC - Disappointede with list

Kappler, MMC Richard A Richard.A.Kappler at SWOS.Navy.Mil
Thu Apr 27 07:17:16 PDT 2000

Greetings Aethelwulf!  As many others have said since you made you post, I
have not seen your message of introduction.  I will grant you that, things
being as they are in Puck's little world, that does not necessarily mean
that there wasn't one, I just find it rather odd that so many good gentles
of the list could have not seen it.  Personally, I rarely respond to those
types of posts, not because I am elitist, un-welcoming or cold, but rather
because there are so many other "Welcome Waggoners" as I privately refer to
them, that it seems redundant for me to do so.

Regardless of some of the poorly considered posts of late, there have also
been such absolute gems of information that I feel disheartened that you
have missed them.  I am sure Papa Gunthar absolutely YEARNS for the days
when the worst he had to do as the Evil List Administrator was to slap me
around a little bit whereas now he actually has had some no chitterling
problems to deal with, but the flow of information continues regardless.  If
you feel Sieggy to be the biggest obstruction to your learning, I'd be glad
to take some time from my busy schedule and show you what 'silliness' is.  I
am infamous for it around these here parts.  My point is, while you may take
offense at Sieggy's lightheartedness, I personally see that he has started
and participated in some very informative threads.  Does he get off topic?
Yes.  Does he get OOP?  Yes.  Is that a crime?  No, or at least the man that
owns the list thinks not.

If you are truly disappointed because you are having trouble seperating the
wheat from the chaff, there are many veterans of this list, myself included,
who would be more than happy to help you in your endeavors.  If, instead,
you are actually using this list and your post for 'Sieggy Bashing,' which
is how I perceive it, then you might wish to reconsider you position.  While
this list shelters many fools, myself included, it does not suffer them
gladly or mercifully when they cross the lines of good manners, chivalry and
honor.

regards, Puck