SC - Re: Welcome to sca-cooks

CalicoJim1 at aol.com CalicoJim1 at aol.com
Fri Apr 28 03:30:25 PDT 2000

Good evening, I just subscribed to your list.  As I read through the
guidelines it mentioned that I should post a little about myself so that you
could all get to know me.  So here goes.  I am a loyal subject in the Kingdom
of Avalon.  I'll come clean it's not an SCA group although we have a lot of
crossover.  Physically it's located in Phoenix, AZ.  I'm a fighter at heart
(insert boo's) :-] but I recently learned that by cooking I could "fight" on
the arts list.  I have been a cook since I was 16, mom was a fantastic cook
and I never learned how to cook until I started thinking about giving up her
cooking.  By the time I left her I was rather decent at cooking meat and had
a lot of fun with casseroles.  I still can't do decent baked goods:-[  When I
fell into Avalon I started looking for medieval recipes and had some fun.
Now that I can enter a list I figure to become a little more involved.  Which
is how I found you.  I'm hoping to gather some recipes and fatten up a few of
my fellow fighters
:-]  Well if you have any questions let me know. Have fun - Calico