Subject: Re: SC - Welcome and sources of ingredients

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 00:55:36 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/28/00 8:59:02 PM Pacific Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

> > > Incidently, I wasn't paying much attention to the saffron discussion.
Is

>  > > $17/oz. considered a good price for Spanish saffron?
>  >
>  > Well, at my local international market I can get saffron for $3.75 a
>  > quarter oz., so you aren't doing to badly at $17 an oz.
>
>  Have you bought and used this, and are you absolutely sure it's saffron?

I'd have to agree with Adamantius on this.  These prices sound a wee bit low
for real saffron.  I recently priced it through one of my distributors at
$23.75 an ounce.  Mind you, I have never seen safflower passed off for
saffron, but many on this list tell me they have.  Let the buyer beware.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.