SC - Strawberry Quest

CBlackwill at aol.com CBlackwill at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 01:40:58 PDT 2000

In a message dated 4/28/00 3:58:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time, harper at idt.net
writes:

>  I don't remember where I got the redaction, but I made this tart for
>  a May Day event which was the first feast I ever cooked.  It was a baked
>  single-crust pie, piled high with ripe strawberries which had a wine-sugar-
>  spice syrup pour over them.  The  tarts were a hit and there were no
>  leftovers.

Of course there were no leftovers.  Strawberrys and wine are a magical
combination, just like Lamb and Guinness,  Pork and Apricots, and Chocolate
and....well...pretty much anything except garlic.  Thanks for the recipe.
I've added it to my personal files.

Balthazar of Blackmoor

Words are Trains for moving past what really has no Name.