SC - Pennsic Milk

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sat Apr 29 21:38:58 PDT 2000

CBlackwill at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/29/00 12:54:24 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu writes:
>
> >  My dad grew up getting milk delivered in the glass bottle with the
> >  foil cap and agreed that while it was better than store milk it was just
> > real
> >  milk, nothing special.
>
> Who on this list remembers that distinct "punk!" sound when the foil cap
> popped off the glass bottle if it sat on the table too long after supper?

Oh god. That was a blast from, er, about 25 years ago. We lived across
the road from a dairy- specifically a goat dairy. I drank goat milk for
years. But we didn't let it sit out- ever. It would get that funny
'goaty' smell/taste if it got warm. Straight out of the goat wasn't too
bad though- I used to help milk occasionally- their oldest son was my
age and he did all the milking- I would go work just so I could hang out
with him (yes, I'm hopeless).

Of course about any milk from a glass jar tastes better than those
infernal plastic jugs.

'Lainie