SC - Re: Honey Advisory

RANDALL DIAMOND ringofkings at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 30 14:42:19 PDT 2000

Nyckademus commented:
debate
among some circles as to wether or not honey sellers have to tell you if
thier honey has had cornsyrup added to bring down the cost! <<<<

Gadzooks!!!  That's terrible and downright illegal.   The FDA
has standards for honey grading and if it has corn syrup added,
it's not honey as far as marketing it is concerned (as I understand
their rules).  I use corn syrup but only to feed the bees through
the winter, not as an adulterant to the honey.  However, if the
honey was some of the first draw in an early honeyflow, it is
possible that the bees still had some stored corn syrup in the
comb left from their last winter feeding.

Akim Yaroslavich
"No glory comes without pain"