SC - Re: Honey Advisory

Patrick Hood kelan at mindspring.com
Sun Apr 30 21:22:56 PDT 2000

> > If any of you are wondering why your mead bottles exploded there is a
> >  debate
> >  among some circles as to wether or not honey sellers have to tell you
if
> >  thier honey has had cornsyrup added to bring down the cost! <<<<
> >

> I am not confident this is taking place, but if it is, Akim is
right...I'ts
> illegal.  Check the label and make sure it says 100% pure honey or some
such.
>  I'll pull out my F.D.A. handbook and see what I can come up with re:
honey
> adulteration and labeling requirements.

I'm glad to hear it's illegal and not just unethical.  A local farmer (and
honey seller) was trying to convince me its not.  That's what I get for
buying my honey at a gas station.  From now on I'll just buy thier
sandwiches and bait.

If I get another suspect pint who do I report it to?

Nyckademus