SC - Interesting site on Medieval Medical beliefs

Alderton, Philippa phlip at morganco.net
Wed Aug 16 20:19:47 PDT 2000

Check this out, those of you who are starting to learn WHY Medieval folk did
recipes the way they did. I think this might be of particular interest to
Adamantius, Ras, Bear, and Jasmine, but it's well worth reading for any of
us.

http://orb.rhodes.edu/non_spec/missteps/Ch4.html

Phlip

Nolo disputare, volo somniare et contendere, et iterum somniare.

phlip at morganco.net

Philippa Farrour
Caer Frig
Southeastern Ohio

"All things are poisons.  It is simply the dose that distinguishes between a
poison and a remedy." -Paracelsus

"Oats -- a grain which in England sustains the horses, and in
Scotland, the men." -- Johnson

"It was pleasant to me to find that 'oats,' the 'food of horses,' were
so much used as the food of the people in Johnson's own town." --
Boswell

"And where will you find such horses, and such men?" -- Anonymous