SC - Re: 2nd Cooks' Symposium

Philippa Alderton phlip at morganco.net
Tue Aug 1 05:15:30 PDT 2000

- --- "Browning, Susan W." <bsusan at corp.earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>If you warm the honey, it will soften, and become more liquid.  Even if the
>honey has crystallized, it can be reliquified.
>
>Eleanor

That's a good idea, didn't think of that althought I'v been using it many times to get the honey out of the jars when making mead.

One question though....
How hot/warm does the crystallized honey have to be before it is liquified ?  You do not want a layer of cooked fish on the surface as a result of smearing the hot/warm honey-salt mix on the raw fish.  As long as that can be avoided it's a very good idea.
/Angus

==
The art of medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.
- -- Voltaire