SC - Iron Chef advice

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Wed Aug 2 12:40:31 PDT 2000

For some reason, I have not received Lanie's, Jenne's
or Ras' original posts.  But I wish to comment on what
Jenne has written below.  I am in agreement with her.
It is good for our "image" to be charitable minded.
It is also period to be charitable minded.

Caid is listed with the Make-A-Wish Foundation.  Once
a year, if there is a terminally ill child who wants
to be a prince or princess for a day, we put on a
tournament for the child.  They get a costume
especially made for them and get to keep it.  They get
a "coronation" with all the panoply and presents
involved. Jesters amuse them, singers, dancers and
actors perform for them and everyone bows to them.
They have a knight fight for their honor.  From what I
have heard, each child has been thrilled with their
wish and their families have been so also.

While some might say that we are merely being
entertainment for the dying child, I personally think
that this shows the kind-heartedness and the
generosity of the SCA members as a whole.

Huette