SC - Anyone for Crystal Ball?

Kerri Canepa kerric at pobox.alaska.net
Wed Aug 2 21:09:08 PDT 2000

> Ya know I will be straight up and personally honest with you here...

I missed the beginning of this thread so I am not sure who said what but I
would like to make a point for which ever side it falls on.
Every year for the last five years the people of Harper's Raid (householde)
and before that the now defunct Shire of Glymmerholde have put in a
tremendeous amount of work and effort with the Kiwanis Club of Riverdale
Florida (yup, mundane, very straight laced and conservative organization) to
put on a Medieval Faire here to raise money to help Kids. Scholarships,
Shots for Tots program (free imunizations for children), Christmas presents
for those who are not on the dole but just working folks who are just not
quite making it (155 kids last year), Thanksgiving baskets for Thanksgiving
dinner etc. Now we try to educate folks about the SCA and the Medieval
Period of our history, but the big thing is to help Kids. WE don't get paid
for this, but it sure makes you feel good. And if helping out some mundane
organization to help people is somehow not the concept of the SCA who ever
said it is full of BS. This Society of ours is to promote honor and goodwill
to ALL me meet, not just other Scadians. We have always felt that it the SCA
showed mundanes how WE thnk people should treat (and help) each other it
might rub off a bit. I beleive we should help in any way we can, either in
Scadian group or in the comunity at large, thats the kind of folks Scadians
are.

YIS, Lord Elric
(membership number 009846 if that tells you anything :)