SC - saffron

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Aug 3 00:01:31 PDT 2000

Harriet asked:
> Also -- since my folks also brought back a bit of Spanish Saffron --
> anyone have a really good saffron recipe?  Paella recipes?  Those
> Saffron waffers?

The saffron wafer recipe that has been mentioned here lately is from
the Polish cookbook. More on this cookbook can be found in this file
in the FOOD-BY-REGION section of my files:
fd-Poland-msg      (7K)  9/ 9/99    Food of period Poland. Referances.

But I think the redaction can also be found in this file in the
FOOD-BREADS section:
wafers-msg        (46K) 10/ 8/99    Period savory and sweet wafers. Recipes.

For more on saffron, you might also check these files in the PLANTS, HERBS
AND SPICES section:
saffron-art       (16K)  8/11/97    How to buy and select saffron by
Tony Hill.
saffron-msg       (53K) 12/21/99    Types of saffron. period uses.

I'm afraid I don't have any one file that has recipes using saffron.

What is "Paella"?

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net