SC - Re: A question of re-creation

Debra Hense DHense at ifmc.org
Thu Aug 3 06:41:28 PDT 2000

The forked tip is to pick up the sliced tomato parts sort of like a cheese
knife.  Ever try to pick up those little tomato slices on a side-board?
Yup, tricky.  Forks aren't sharp enough mostly.  I used to put out a cheese
knife, now I have made my own brass two pronged (sharpened) forks for that
sort of thing.

The small fruit knife is shaped just so because it IS a knife for small
fruit.  I ground down one of mine to get that shape but I added an extra
thin sharp point and left a Hook part at the back to make it easier for me
to make designs on the fruit.  Anyway, curved like that it slides easily
around small fruit for scraping (as in for "oiling" a lime or lemon),
cleaning, and slicing a pitted fruit.  It also makes it easier to control
the angle of the blade to more cleanly peel the fruit without disfiguring
it.

olwen