SC - [Fwd: Viking Millennium International Symposium]

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Aug 3 07:57:56 PDT 2000

Most Excellent Protector of Namron and Evillll List Administrator, I am the
kitchener for Protectorate.  At the request of the Baroness, the meal will
be Elizabethan.  I will, of course, share the trials, tribulations, and
recipes with the list.

In the line eating problems, the King can't stand onions, the Baron is
allergic to chicken, the Baroness despises fish, and I have been requested
to not use carnations, mint or blueberries.  Fortunately, no one appears to
have problems with nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and sugar, the Four Horsemen of
Elizabethan cooking.

I've already decided the way to beat the Baron and Baroness' problems is by
serving fish and chicken in the same course, whiting filets in apple and
wine sauce and capon in orange sauce modified by using breast rather than
whole bird to give the visual effect of matched filets.  You do like fish,
don't you?

The plan is to prepare a booklet with the menu, recipes and notes for the
feast token.  (Yes, Stefan, I will send you an electronic copy of the text
for the Florilegium.)  If the kitchen doesn't die, maybe we can introduce a
few more people to the idea that period food is good.

Bear